Monday, October 27, 2008

RATE IT! Happy Birthday, Simon Le Bon

Some crushes never die. Long live the 80s...long live Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon. Today, he turns the big 5-0!

Growing up, I adored many pop star heroes - but Simon was always numero uno. As a teen, I skipped school, waited in the freezing Canadian cold, and spent thousands of dollars all in the pursuit of Duran Duran. Fandom makes you do some crazy things - oh, yes I am *so* guilty and then some!

I didn't get to meet Simon until I was in my mid-20s working in the biz. One meeting grew to two, and then to three. He was always a gentleman, always lovely. Simon Le Bon was one celeb that did not disappoint in person. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIMON!!! 

Okay...now that I've gotten that out of my system, it's back to grown-up reporting and deeply intellectual analysis...R-IGHT!!!. You know me better than that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) An auspicious day, indeed...! Simon was why I started practicing kissing on my pillow, at age - (oh, what does that matter). You're the only other person it would've been ok if he'd married instead of me. ;) And YOU're the reason I ever got close to him, that one special day at Much Music; so thanks for the memories! Love you Simon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...