Sunday, August 10, 2008

RATE IT! August 10 is National Duran Duran Appreciation Day

Yes, you read that headline correctly. Today is National Duran Duran Appreciation Day. 

Who decides these 'appreciation' days, I have no clue, but I'm a long-time Duranie so I feel that this celebratory day is completely justified. 

Despite the fact that I'm *still* majorly p**sed off that the band skipped my city on their latest globe-sweeping tour...I'm not holding a grudge...nope! Still marking today's festivities and pledging my eternal love to Simon Le Bon. Some crushes just never die!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea - and I missed it! That would have SO improved my blah day yesterday.... But really, every day is a DD day, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

There are two rumors out there right now:

1. They're doing a secondary tour in the fall with more North American dates

2. They've decided to give up on RCM and are going back into the studio to start on a new project.

Personally, I'm all for option 2 -- RCM was just not their best work. I had high hopes when Astronaut came out, but then they followed it up with a Timba/Timber clone that just didn't display their talents at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...